The Oklahoma Sooners have released their non-conference schedule for the 2014-15 college basketball season. Coming off an NCAA Tournament appearance last season apparently means that Lon Kruger and the boys want to make sure they are as prepared as possible if they are to make it again this year. I mean, how else do you explain this tough schedule.
Oklahoma non-conference schedule
- Nov. 16, Southeastern Louisiana 2 p.m.
- Nov. 19, at Creighton (Omaha, Neb.) TBD
- Nov. 23, Northwestern State 2 p.m.
- Nov. 26, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
- Nov. 27, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
- Nov. 28, Battle 4 Atlantis (Nassau, Bahamas) TBD*
- Dec. 5, Missouri TBD
- Dec. 13, at Tulsa (Tulsa) TBD
- Dec. 16, Oral Roberts 7 p.m.
- Dec. 20, vs. Washington (Las Vegas) TBD&
- Dec. 22, Weber State 7 p.m.
- Dec. 31, George Mason TBD
There is good reason to be pumped if you’re an Oklahoma fan. The Sooners are returning four starters from last year’s team.
For what it is worth, The Battle 4 Atlantis features Butler, Florida, Georgetown, North Carolina, UAB, UCLA and Wisconsin. So yeah, that is a really strong field.
Many expect Oklahoma to be legit contenders to win the Big 12 Conference in the upcoming season. Their non-conference schedule shaping up to be as tough as it is, will provide early glimpses into how good they might eventually be.
Looking for OU basketball tickets?