John Calipari apparently wants the Kentucky Wildcats to be battle tested come March. There are no other ways to explain what in the Sam Cassell they are doing with their non-conference schedule. No, seriously, the only way they would have made it harder is if they called up God and asked if he could make the corpses of the five best dead hoopsters become alive and if they would be willing to play in Hell. Eh, I digress. Take a look at the Kentucky Wildcats schedule that is more bat-poop insane than having anyone other than Michael Keaton be Batman.
Kentucky Wildcats 2014-15 non-conference schedule
- Nov. 14: vs. Grand Canyon
- Nov. 16: vs. Buffalo
- Nov. 18: vs. Kansas (in Indianapolis for Champions Classic)
- Nov. 21: vs. Boston University
- Nov. 23: vs. Montana State
- Nov. 25: vs. UT-Arlington
- Nov. 30: vs. Providence
- Dec. 5: vs. Texas
- Dec. 7: vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Dec. 10: vs. Columbia
- Dec. 13: vs. North Carolina
- Dec. 20: vs. UCLA (in Chicago for CBS Sports Classic)
- Dec. 27: at Louisville
And there you have it, Calipari has lost his gosh slam marbles.
Good thing they Kentucky fans in no way overreact to losses or anything. I mean, a fanbase like would really get the wrong idea of how good or bad their team is after a stretch like that.