Alabama basketball received huge news on Monday when John Petty announced he would be withdrawing his name from the NBA Draft and with that, the 2020-21 roster is complete.
The Alabama Crimson Tide are set to be one of the best teams in the SEC in 2020-21, and I’m not just talking about football or softball. That’s right, the Alabama basketball team is going to be one of the best teams in the SEC next season.
Nate Oats and the Alabama Crimson Tide had an absolutely incredible offseason ahead of the 2020-21 College Basketball season, getting commitments from three four-stars, two three-stars, having only one non-senior starter from 2019-20 declare for the NBA Draft, and they also added a huge transfer as well.
With that, let’s take a look at Alabama’s finalized 2020-21 Roster:
- Josh Primo, Freshman, Guard
- Alex Tchikou, Freshman, Forward
- Keon Ambrose-Hylton, Freshman, Forward
- Darius Miles, Freshman, Forward
- Keon Ellis, Freshman, Guard
- Jaden Quinerly, Freshman, Guard (walk-on)
- Jaden Shackelford, Sophomore, Guard
- Juwan Gary, Sophomore, Forward
- Adam Cottrell, Sophomore, Guard (walk-on)
- Jahvon Quinerly, Junior, Guard
- Britton Johnson, Junior, Guard (walk-on)
- Herb Jones, Senior, Forward/Guard
- Alex Reese, Senior, Forward
- John Petty jr., Senior, Guard
- James Rojas, Senior, Forward
- Jordan Bruner, Grad Student, Forward
Because of all the newcomers, Alabama saw several players transfer away from Tuscaloosa, including Jaylen Forbes, Raymond Hawkins, Javian Davis, Galin Smith, and Sam Okauru. In addition to these transfers, star point guard Kira Lewis also declared for the NBA Draft and is expected to be a lottery pick.
Alabama has a HUGE roster heading into the 2020-21 season with 13 scholarship players and three walk-ons. The Crimson Tide killed it on the recruiting trail this offseason getting huge commitments from Primo, Tchikou, Miles, and Ellis all after the season ended (Ambrose-Hylton was already committed.)
However, one question still remains; how will the depth chart look?