Wisconsin Basketball advances to the second round of the NCAA Tournament to take on the #11 Iowa State Cyclones on Sunday.
Wisconsin Basketball survived a close first-round scare against the Colgate Raiders, as they pick up a 67-60 victory to advance in the NCAA Tournament. Johnny Davis would find his shot in the second half as he would finish with 25 points and eight rebounds, scoring 14 points in the final six-minute of the game, and Tyler Wahl scored 15 points and nine rebounds to help lift the Badgers in the second half.
Now Wisconsin will look to shift its focus to the next round, where they will take on the Iowa State Cyclones.
Players to Watch
- Johnny Davis – After his performance against Colgate, Davis will look to try and repeat that against the Cyclones. His ability to finish at the basket and fight for every rebound makes him a dangerous threat for the opponent. Wisconsin will need him to start off shooting early and fighting for every rebound as he did against Colgate.
- Tyler Wahl- He controlled most of the painted area against Colgate, where he would hit critical shots down the stretch. Wahl will look to control the painted area early on against Iowa State, and control the boards as much as he can. He will also look to get other teammates open by creating opportunities at the basket and from behind the three-point arc.
Keys to the Game
- Start off hot from the field- Wisconsin was down for most of the game against Colgate, before finding their shot in the second half. The Badgers will need to hit shots early and finish at the basket when they have the opportunity to do so early against Iowa State.
- Ball Movement- The Badgers have had 15 assists against Colgate in the first round. Wisconsin will need to move the ball and find the open man when they have had a wide-open shot.
- Control the boards- Wisconsin had a total of 37 rebounds against the Raiders. The Badgers will need to control the boards and get the rebounds on both ends to take control of the game against the Cyclones.
The Wisconsin Badgers will play against the Iowa State Cyclones in the second round of the NCAA Tournament at 6:10 pm eastern time in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Will the Badgers advance to the Sweet 16? or will the Cyclones continue the Cinderella run? We will have to wait and see.